Dear current and future PCIA students and families,
PCIA classes for Fall 2020 will be in-person, on-campus!
*In order to accommodate schedule alignment with MAS, Friday office hour check-in, classes, and study hall will be online and remote.*
Following conversations with local public health officials, we are assured that the small class sizes and safety measures meet OSPI and DOH recommendations and requirements in order to keep students and staff as safe as possible as they return to our school building. We will continue to pay close attention to the ever-changing guidance of local health officials, and will always make decisions based on the health and safety of students and staff as our top priority, in addition to providing superior education.
Here are the safety measures we will be implementing:
- All staff, faculty, and students will be required to wear masks or face shields;
- All staff and students will submit (via app) a health symptom survey prior to arrival at school;
- We will be taking temperatures every morning prior to students and staff entering the school building;
- Hand washing and/or sanitizing stations will be readily available for use; and
- We will be configuring classrooms to ensure students maintain proper social distancing requirements.
We ask you to also do your part by keeping your students home if they show any symptoms of illness.
By everyone working together, we will be able to continue meeting in person. However, as a backup, we have created a robust online/distance learning model that we can quickly shift to in order to provide continuous learning for our students in the event that our school is required to close.
We are excited to see your smiling (but masked) faces August 26th! If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Superintendent Bob Rogers (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kaylene Herman, Dean of Students/Academic Advisor (email@example.com) for enrollment or scheduling assistance.